PLEASE PRINT OR COPY THE TEXT BELOW:
Factory Racing Component Clutch Slave Cylinder Seal Kit
General Fitting Instructions / Notes
· For replacement of the piston seals only it is possible to leave the cylinder bolted to the engine and the outer cap unscrewed using a pin wrench. The cap unscrews anti-clockwise as normal. Be aware that hydraulic fluid will escape and will need collecting to prevent spillage.
· Access to the inboard oil seal on the (Aprilia models only) cylinder is only possible by removing the cylinder from the engine by loosening the three Allen head M6 mounting bolts.
· Fitment of the seals to a Factory Racing Slave cylinder is a direct replacement of the existing seals and O rings.
· Fitment of the seals to a MPL Tuning Slave cylinder is a direct replacement of the existing seals and O rings APART from the large flat rubber seal. This replaces the hard plastic slider seal on the MPL piston.
· Note that on all cylinders the large flat (ribbed) seal is supplied flat when unfitted, but is fitted as a cylinder (ie turned inside out) onto the piston by gently stretching it over the piston into the large retaining groove.
· No special lubrication of the piston seals is required. DOT3/4 brake fluid works well.
· The large O –ring is located on the cap outer diameter. A smear of silicone grease helps seal the O-Ring and threads during fitment.
· Bleed the hydraulic clutch system once the cylinder is reassembled and check for leaks.
If you are unsure about fitting the seals contact us as we provide advice or a cylinder seal fitting service. Ultimately, if you are unsure get a qualified motorcycle mechanic to carry out the task.
FACTORY RACING CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER SEAL KIT - FITTING INSTRUCTIONS
- Brand: FACTORY RACING COMPONENTS
- Product Code: SEAL-FIT
- Availability: In Stock